- Families make up roughly 50% of the homeless
- 69% of assisted families are employed and
struggling to make ends meet
- Homelessness and poverty isolates from healthy
- 1,000 homeless families placed into housing and
mentoring by 2015
- Over 900 homeless families and seniors,
including over 3,000 people, assisted with faith community partnerships since
- 87% of families or seniors maintain housing one
year after assistance
Who We Are
Family and Senior Homeless Initiative (FSHI) is a community
effort at the request of the Mayor of Denver to end homelessness for families
and seniors, patterned after Family Rescue Ministry.
With the help of one thousand local congregations, businesses, and
service organizations, FSHI aims to help one thousand families and seniors who are currently homeless, into housing by 2015.
What We Provide
The Family and Senior Homeless Initiative contributes financially to a
qualified and accepted applicant's new personally selected home, of which rent is no more than
60% of the applicant's monthly income.
FSHI matches each family or senior with a mentor team, who
provides various types of services, support, and coaching toward