SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER!!
If you're interested in volunteering with our Disaster Relief program, please click on the logo. After signing up you will be contacted for training and volunteer opportunities.
Emergency Disaster Services
For more than a century, The Salvation Army has endeavored to ease human suffering wherever it is found. An international organization with a long standing reputation for effective service, The Salvation Army draws on a wide range of resources which rapidly shift into action whenever and wherever disaster strikes. Experience has demonstrated that those families that prepare for evacuation or disaster fare the best physically and emotionally. Please be prepared!
The Salvation Army Cascade Division has sent response teams to aid in these recent disasters:
|The Salvation Army Disaster Readiness guide includes the following: |
You can find more information about preparing for disasters by visiting the US Department of Homeland Security.
- Emergency Supply Kit list for home and car
- Preparedness tips for earthquakes, storms and power outages
- 2011 - Mississippi Tornados
- 2007 - Vernonia, OR Floods
- 2006 - Tennessee Tornados
- 2006 - Philippines Mudslides
- 2005 - Pakistan Earthquake
- 2005 - Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Wilma & Stan
- 2004 - Hurricanes Charley, Ivan & Frances
- 2001 - September 11 Disaster Response
- 2001 - Earthquakes in El Salvador, India, Seattle and Peru
If you have any questions regarding disaster relief or would like more information about volunteering, please contact:
Service Extension & Emergency Services Director